Christy (SassDeluxe) grew up in southern Maine, went to school in Massachusetts, and has been between there and Chicago ever since. She has always dabbled in art, having studied at both Mass College of Art, and photography at NESOP in Boston, and has a degree in Business Management. She has been creating handmade soaps for over 20 years, and is currently creating soaps and residing on the NH seacoast.
Where We Are
Besides here, you can find us at these awesome shops and markets.
2203 Ocean Blvd. Rye, NH 7a – 7p.
Common Roots is a beach cafe and market specializing in plant-based food, local gifts, groceries and beach day necessities and rentals.
171 Islington St. Portsmouth, NH 11:30-8 Tue-Sun.
The Kitchen is a laid-back full service restaurant in the heart of town with “Anything But Ordinary” food and cocktails.
Who We Support
Sass is a huge supporter of Buckle Up For Chi, and organization made to spread the importance of wearing a seat belt any time you travel, in honor of Chi Cheng of Deftones. Chi passed away in 2013 due to complications from being in a coma, after getting in a car accident while not wearing his seat belt, only a few miles from his house. Please visit: https://www.buckleupforchi.com/ for more information, or to buy merch and donate. Buckle up for Chi, for your friends and family, for YOU. The life you save could be your own.
Sass is also a huge music lover, and since Covid-19, has been concerned about the future of the music industry, our beloved bands, musicians, the people behind the scenes, and the venues we are losing. Every time we sell a music-related soap, part of the proceeds will be donated to MusiCares.
MusiCares “provides a safety net of critical assistance for music people in times of need. MusiCares’ services and resources cover a wide range of financial, medical and personal emergencies, and each case is treated with integrity and confidentiality. MusiCares also focuses the resources and attention of the music industry on human service issues that directly influence the health and welfare of the music community.”
Sass also believes in the equality FOR ALL, and will always be in support of people of all nationalities, sex, creed and religions, and is LGBTQ-friendly. We proudly donate a proceed of all Pride Soaps sold to The Human Rights Campaign.
Why Sassy Soaps?
- Because our skin is our biggest organ, and you care about healthy skin.
- Because where else can you buy a buttplug soap?
- Because you can make custom soaps that are perfect for your tastes and skin-type
- Because you love supporting small businesses.
- Because you love smelling good, and hate chemicals.
- Because unlike mass-produced store bars, our soaps contain the glycerin, and other non-drying natural additives.
- Because we are taking every pre-caution, and then-some, about corona virus.
- Because we make these soaps in small batches, and all are hand-poured, meaning no two soaps will ever be the same!
- Because we all need to lighten up and smile more.
- Because we all need a little SASS in our lives! <3
All soaps are external use only. Sassy Soaps is not responsible for where you put your soaps, and what happens when you do.